- We believe the Scriptures are inspired by God, are without error in the original writings, centered on
the Lord Jesus Christ, and are the whole authority in matters of doctrine and conduct for the believer and the church (Matthew 5:18; Luke 24:27; John 17:17; 2 Timothy 2:15, 3:16-17; Hebrews 4:12; 2 Peter 1:20-21).
- We believe in one sovereign God who exists as three coeternal, coequal persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit (Deuteronomy 6:4; Daniel 4:35; Matthew 28:19; John 1:1-8, 10:30, 14:17-23; Acts 5:3-4; 2 Corinthians 13:14; 1 Timothy 6:15; Hebrews 1:8 ).
- We believe in Jesus Christ who is fully God and fully man, having been conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of a virgin. He lived a sinless life, was crucified and died as a sacrifice for our sins, and was raised bodily from the dead on the third day. He is seated at the right hand of the Father where He serves as our High Priest and Advocate (Matthew 1:18-25; Mark 14:62; Luke 1:26-35; John 1:1-14, 19:32-34; Acts 7:55-56; Philippians 2:5-8; 1 Corinthians15:3-4; Hebrews 4:15; 1 John 2:1).
- We believe in the Holy Spirit the third person of the Trinity, who possesses all of the divine attributes and proceeds from the Father and the Son. He convicts the world of sin. He regenerates believers, sealing them, indwelling them, filling them, strengthening them, gifting them, and instructing them so that the church may be advanced and the Father glorified (Genesis 1:2; Psalm 139:7; Isaiah 40:13; Matthew 28:19; John 15:8, 16:7-11; Acts 1:8, 13:2; Romans 8:14; Ephesians 1:13-14, 4:30, 5:18;1 Corinthians 2:10-13, 3:16, 12:4-11; Titus 3:5; 2 Peter 1:21).
- We believe in the total depravity of man and that all men are sinners by nature and by act, the only remedy for their lost estate being the regenerating power of the Holy Spirit (Psalm 51:5; Isaiah 64:6; Romans 3:10-23, 6:23; 1 Corinthians 6:11; Ephesians 2:1-10; Titus 3:5; 1 John 1:7-10).
- We believe in justification by grace alone through faith alone in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, His death and resurrection providing the only ground for salvation to all who believe by God’s sovereign enabling (John 1:12, 6:41-65, 14:6; Acts 4:24, 20:21; Romans 3:21-26, 5:1-2, 9:6-24; 2 Corinthians 5:17; Ephesians 2:8-9; Colossians1:13-23; Hebrews 9:22; 1 Peter 1:18-21).
- We believe in one true church, the universal church, the elect company of believers, baptized by the Holy Spirit into one body, and in the local church, the company of believers under the leadership of elders, committed to meeting together for worship, prayer, ministry, study, fellowship, the observance of the ordinances, and the proclamation of God’s Word (Matthew 16:16-18, 28:19; Acts 2:41-44, 20:28; 1 Corinthians 11:23-26, 12:13; Ephesians 4:11-16; 2 Timothy 4:2; Titus 1:5; Hebrews 10:24-25).
- We believe in the return of Jesus Christ in glory, the blessed hope of the church, which will be personal and visible (Matthew 24:30; Acts 1:11; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; 1 Timothy 6:14; Titus 2:13; 1 Peter 1:7; 1 John 3:2)
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the dead; of the believer to everlasting blessedness and joy with the Lord; of the unbeliever to judgement and everlasting punishment in hell (John 3:14-18; Romans 8:10-15; 1 Corinthians 15:20-23, 51-57; 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17; Revelation 20:4-15, 21:1-8)